Monday, October 18, 2010

A thought for Elsie, a card for a cause & a pray for hope.

There is currently a card drive for Elsie (and some blog candy) on the big www at the moment and you can find it here.  For those of you/us that do not know Elsie (I do not even know Elsie but I want to send her a smile cause she made me stop, and have a thought of how precious life just is) she is from Paper Love Affair and has just been recently diagnosed with breast cancer.  You can read Elise's story here, or better yet ... Make her a card, send her a smile & some cheer.

I am a lucky one.  I am a mother of three beautiful children, a wife to a lovely caring man, a daughter to a mother who loves me unconditionally (even when I screw up), a sister, a grandchild & even a great grandchild.
 
I am also a friend.  A friend too many other women who are alike to me in so many ways; they are mothers, wives, sisters & daughters too.  But not one of my friends or family has ever been touched by the disease Brest Cancer, and I am so thankful for that.  It also got me thinking of what if one of my loved ones ever where or if I was?

I want to see my children get married, I want to be a grandmother (one day when I am old & grey), I want my children to be happy, I want to travel and show the world to my kids and I want them to believe in their dreams and I want to show them they can and that they will succeed if they follow them.  And I want to show my children the beauty in life; in even the ordinary every day things.

My life is simple when you put yourself in those shoes; my children are and would be first and foremost, the rest of the family falling in behind & then the rest of the world.  I love my cards & I love creating them & adding intricate details, hours of thought, time and love.  This got me thinking of what card I would like from my friends if I was ever to be in that situation. 

Knowing how much time (I will not say effort as it is a pleasure &  a joy) that I put into my creations I would be somewhat saddened to receive an elaborate and detailed card that I know has taken them all weekend just to put together let alone the hours prior for thought and design. 

By grand it would be! Pretty, it would be to; but in the back of my mind would be the wish for another weekend with my children; watching them play, run, laugh, & fall.  A smile would come to my face to know that I was in someone’s thoughts and prayers, but also no amount of words would take the fear, the unknown or the disease away.  But I would also be thinking that someone passed away such precious moments, time they could have been spending with their own children and family and how for granted they have taken it when all I want; is more time with my own :(

It really is the simple things; and hence it’s the thought that counts.  No amount of words can cure or guarantee you will beat the disease and really... What do you say?

I lot of thought went into this card as I watched my children play.  I was thinking of a lady named Elsie – a woman I do not even know, but she is a women a lot like me, she has children, a husband and a family.  And while I made this for me, I also made it for her.

It is simple, it is clean. The thoughts and ideas where brainstormed on a notepad while sitting on the floor colouring in with my kids.  The card was together in a single hour after the children had gone to bed and then I sat in each ones room and watched them as they slept, thankful for the moment, of spending another day with them.

A huge thank you to Melijen’s Designs for the free image (Hope Ribbon).
And a huge thank you to Copic Marker Scrapbooking for the free image "Dwell In Posibilities"









Challenges I am entering this card into:

Dancing In Pajamas - #130 – Breast Cancer Cup Inspiration Photo (end of the month)
Waltzing Mouse Sketch - #19 – Sketch (Saturday)
* My Cardmaking Haven – A card drive for Elsie and some blog candy
I am not a greatly religious person, but tonight I end this asking; to all to please say a pray. 
Say a pray for Elsie and keep her in your thoughts and lets all pray together, so God can hear us loud. 
Let there be a cure, and let us beat this disease.

Fair winds and following seas.
The Navy Wife

9 Treasured comments:

Cheryl said...

OMG your card is so beautiful,thankyou so much for taking the time to make a card for Elise!!! BTW I just wanted to say your post is just beautiful,your words had me in tears........but oh so very true!!
Cheryl xx

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful words and a beautiful card. My dear aunt, who was more like my sister as she was only 2 years older than me, died from breast cancer almost 14 years ago at the age of 40. She left a 10 year old son who had also lost his father. I count my blessings daily xxx

Merry said...

This is such a beautiful post, I loved every word. Your card is just as stunning. You have definitely inspired me to get my act into gear and do a card for Elise. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Debbie Pamment said...

I'm sooo glad Cheryl linked back to your post - your words put tears into my eyes - tears for those of us who feel helpless when all we can offer is a moment of joy a card can bring - but also tears for my friends who HAVE suffered this disease - but thankfully ALL have made it!
I had my card started already - but it's moved to the top of my list to get finished!
THANK YOU!
xXx

Cheryl said...

I could not find an email address for you,so if you can contact me at chezzy31@gmail.com I will forward Elise's address to you.
Thanks
Cheryl xx

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful card...definitely a smile bringer! Love all the bling and the fabulous sentiment!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! Love the shimmery tag & all the rhinestones! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Annette Bowes said...

Gorgeous card, just perfect! Beautiful post, so well written and true. Take CareX:)

Alice said...

this is so pretty. love the beautiful details. wonderful card! thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

Post a Comment