Friday, October 15, 2010

All packaged with love and care

It has been a busy, long and hard week.  While the inspiration and creative juices have been there, time, sadly has not :(

Over the past couple of nights between feeding the kids and doing the chores I have been working on something special.  Monday will mark 4 weeks since my dearest husband (aka petal) will have left us last and it will still be a minimum of another 55 days till we see him again.

When he is away the kids and I have a tradition of sending him a care package every 4 weeks; so this week we have all been working on this every evening.  It usually has a few recent photos of the kids, some home-baked biscuits I have managed to save before the kids eat them all, a chocolate bar or two, ok or more :).  A card from me with the attachment of a huge long letter, Dylan writes a letter as well telling him all about  school, the weekends and all things exciting we have been up to (I also have to supply a legible copy in print, he’s in Prep! Each letter his writing improves).  Chloe usually colours in (scribbles) a few pictures of Winnie the Pooh & Friends, and this month Emilie sent daddy a few footprints as she can now stand up on her own.

I was thinking masculine along the lines of the rich colours of fall like the plums mixed with the creams and browns and I wanted to mount this card onto a stunning olive green (that I found at Dreamswork on Monday and fell in love with) and I knew it would work well with the blend.  I also fell in-love with the sketch over on Stamp with Fun (I did not stamp anything so I do not know if I qualify for entry though) but I loved the sketch and had to do it anyway lol!

My Petal really was the inspiration for this card as I fell in love with him more making this.  He is the only man I know (besides his father) that picks a card out for someone based on the verse(s) or message.  It has to be sweet, and it has to say what they can never say out loud or never say often enough.  Hence why I could not resist and had to get my Kelly Panacci cardstock stickers out (RMKSCBCSI), her work is so beautiful and I also used some fresh cuts (FC030 Love Notes) by Rebecca Sower (that I have had since forever as they are to gorgeous to use lol).













What do I love:
I love the eyelets, all different colours, shapes and especially the leaves at the top and bottom of the ribbon.
The tags, the tiny little ones are just so cute.
The verses and wording, it just sings love, and life.         
The colours, they just really pulled together particularly the slightest touch of blue on the bottom patterned layer (Kasier Craft – Gypsy Sisters Collection – P487 Rosa)

*Oh and if you ever ask “who makes that paper” I usually could not tell you unless it is one I fell in love with and hence have brought 100’s of the sheet lol”.

Challenges I am entering this card into:
 Incy Wincy Designs - #63 Faux It Up (false stitching on the sentiment at the bottom along with on the tags) – (Mondays)
Simon Says Stamp And Show  - Some Metal (eyelets and wire image on tag on envelope) (Mondays)
Stamp With Fun - #80 Sketch (Mondays)
Papertake Weekly – 3 of a kind (3 tags on the top left and bottom right) also 3 things in the set. (Tuesdays)
Little Red Wagon - #50 Something old/something new (old fresh cuts and new olive green card) (Wednesdays)
Southern Girls - #3 Four layers of patterned paper (I have the 3 patterned layers and the main card gift tag is on a pattern paper) (Thursday fornightly)
*EDIT* Made top 5 - Badge is coming soon ! Hippie!
Delightful Sketches – Metal Mania (eyelets and wire image on tag on envelope) (Thursdays)
* Design Dollies - THEMED project -That means a minimum or two or three matching pieces (Card, envelope and gift tag) (Thursdays)
 Dutch Dare – Tagalicious – I got LOTS of em :) (Thursdays)
Meljen's Desgins – Tags – I got lots! (Thursdays) - I made the top 5 !
Stampin 'B's Design – Fall Colours – Olive green, brown, creams, plum and earthy tones used.

Being Friday night, home alone, kids in bed and no one else but me to talk to, we/me is off to play with some Friday flowers :) 

Fair winds and following seas.
~~The Navy Wife ~~

26 Treasured comments:

Mary's Creatieve verslavings Blog said...

Hi there,

I love the way your use of eyelets, very creative.
Stunning card and thanks for joining us with Delightful Sketches

Mary
http://angelscreatieveverslavingblog.blogspot.com/

Benzi said...

What an awesome creation. I so feel for you that your husband is away and am sure you're missing him as he does a great service for the country. I can tell you poured your heart and soul into this card. So glad you shared this week with the Stampin B's.

mfc.melissamade2 said...

This is truly a labor of love - and you can tell because it is fabulous! Sorry to hear your hubby is away and that you all miss him so much! Big Hugs to you and your kiddos - He will love this as it's gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at Meljen's this week - I so look foward to more of your creations!
Melissa

Justine said...

I followed over here from one of the challenge sites. Your name caught my eye because we are also a NAVY family and I too am a Navy Wife. (sisters in spirit). Love your beautiful artwork and I am sure your husband appreciates everything you and your children do to keep the flame burning at home. Thank you for your service to our Country

Patricia Mae said...

That is just the sweetest, I love it. Please thank him for his service for us my son is in the Army over in Iraq and I know it's tought when they are away and you just want them to stay safe. My son is on his final count down with less than 50 days left over there. I can't wait. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls, Good luck.
~Patricia
SGC DT

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

So cool! I love the little mini tags and the reds!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

sue said...

This is a wonderful card! So much time, thought and love that has gone into it! Thanks for joining in at Southern Girls Challenge :)

Carol said...

I love that you have used eyelets,they sort of went out of fashion but i love them,and all your embellishments are fantastic.gorgeous card.Thanks for joining us at southern girls

Rosanne said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Little Red wagon this week!

Jester said...

A fabulous card (and envelope) - he's going to love it!

Anita said...

Stunning! Great use of all the eyelets. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word - your Post and your card brought tears to my eyes. Such a labour of love and so beautiful. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful card with us at PTW this week. x

Viv said...

Wow! What a little work of art! Beautiful sentiments and love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls. Viv x

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh, this is just beautiful! Such a lovely card, the ribbon is stunning and all the little details are just perfect!
Thanks so much for joining us in our Tags challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Lynne Forsythe said...

GOLLY GEE...this is such a wonderful addition to any care package!

thanks bunches for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card. I love the papers and your colours are gorgeous. Thanks for joining our sketch challenge over at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Autumn said...

Wow, this is fabulous! I love all that you have going on here. the ribbon and the tiny tags on the card are fantastic! Great job on everything! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls!
xxAutumn

Unknown said...

This is a very sweet card. I love everything about it and your husband must really appreciate the effort you go to in making up his monthly package. Your post has made me very emotional...although today seems to be an emotional day for me. Thanks for joining in our layers challenge at Southern Girls.
Alicia xx

Nancy said...

This is so very wonderful! I love all of the elements, all of the detail, all of the thought that went into this.

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge!

Michelle Singer said...

Beautiful card and color scheme. I love how you put everything together collage style . I'm so glad you entered it into our challenge at Southern Girls. Thank you! I hope you'll join us again for our next challenge.
Hugz,
Michelle

Gloria Westerman said...

Your card caught my eye over at Meljens challenge....and I'm glad I stop to look....This is so beautiful.....and truly a labor of love.....such awesome details......and your sentiments just touch your heart.....I hope you win every challenge with this one.....
NOTE: Please tell you DH THANK YOU for his service to our country....and you and your family for your support here....May God Bless you All......

KarenB said...

Just so precious. I love the rich red colour and the amazing sentiments. It must be so hard to have your husband away from home serving our country. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Kelly Schelske said...

What a fabulous project for our "Tagalicious" challenge! It's gorgeous and thank you so much for playing along with us at DDCC!

Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

oh, i love this. its wonderful and the colors are amazing. Thanks for joining us at southern girls. hugs

Michelle Singer said...

What an awesome take on the challenge. Love the tag. I'm so glad you entered it in the challenge. Thank you so much. I hope to see you again at the next Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
Hugz,
Michelle

karenw said...

Just stunning. It is all so beautiful and it is wonderful to know you have a husband who will appreciate it fully. Thank you for joining us at Souther Girls and can't wait to see more of your work.

Post a Comment