Thursday, October 21, 2010

Message in a bottle

365 cards challenge for Day 234 is Imagine This - For this one, all you need to do is think about are Palm Trees.

I don’t need to think about Palm trees as this is what I see every time I look out my kitchen window.

Pretty all around the pool hey?

Well NO! They are a headache to me, I want to run away and just stay inside when I look at them... Why?

Because of this! – And that is work! (less time for me to play NOOO!)

Hard to find inspiration in something that you dislike but I did find some.  For me when I have to think about palm trees (forgive my misspent youth in front of the TV watching cartoons) but I think of that lost little island in the middle of nowhere with the lone little palm tree leaning to the side with coconuts falling on my head as I drunkenly watch parts of my shipwrecked boat wash up on shore.  (The comical sharks circling around would be my children).

So palm trees all I can say is give me a shipwreck on a deserted island and “preferably” a full bottle of rum :$
The message on the bottle outside and the poem inside is computer generated and printed onto light yellow card stock.  As I wanted to get a real feeling to it I burnt the edges around them both along with random sections of the paper and then distressed both with black ink.







To suit the challenge I added the message into the bottle, but I am actually giving this as a gift to a friend, she is having a bad week like me with a teething child so I thought the sentiment is perfect and I added some rum to the bottle and attached the tag around the bottle neck.  It can’t all be that bad as I made one for myself as well ;))



 Hic, Hic Challenges:

* The Corrosive Challenge – Get rid of White (Mondays)
* Simon Says Stamp and Show – Anything but a card (Mondays)
 365 Cards – Day 234 Imagine this (Wednesday) Spotlight Designer for this day!
Lots to do (2nd Entry) -  Plain and Simple  (Fridays)
Craftalicious (2entry) #10 Anything goes   (Sundays)

And now I finally have a child sleeping (Grandma always says to dip some rum on the dummy
and a swig for mummy) this Navy Wife is off to bed.

Fair winds and following seas
The Navy Wife

4 Treasured comments:

Jaqi said...

I love this, my daughter has been looking all over for these little bottles, did you buy it from an online store pls? its perfect for a project shes working on .
I love the way you have aged the label and the message inside it looks fab

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Hi Jaqi, I found these in my local $2 shop. Your in the UK so not sure if you have $2 shops over there or Spotlight. Other place good to look is 2nd hand type shops. I always find cute little bottles and cup there as well. Hope this helps.

Crafteezee said...

Fabulous idea! Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious. Hugs Tracy x

Kim Mc said...

Brillant! Sorry that your not such a fan of the palm tree but your inspired project is excellent! Great take on this week's challenge at 365 Cards. Hope to see your creations again!

Aloha, Kim Mc
365 Cards DT

Post a Comment