Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Whipped up quick Birthday Card

Terrific Tuesdays to you all!

Just sharing a quick one with you all today as I have heaps to do and little time to get it all done in!  This morning I got the opportunity to have a moment to play and whipped this up for my dear mum to give to her soon to be ex Mother In Law for her Birthday.  My color inspiration for this came from raiding my mothers flower stash yesterday :$ (Actually all the embellishments I 'borrowed' from her lol) These have been sitting in her cupboard for over 15 years now just waiting patiently to be used (it's been 15 years since she last crafted and I am in the process of changing that!) I will have her crafting before I move to Perth and not only that, she will be able to make her own Birthday cards without requesting mine lol  Not that I mind making cards for her but I believe she would excel at making her own too!

The vintage bluebird girl picture is one from my stash that I am fairly sure I snagged from The Graphics Fairy for FREE and the Happy Birthday sentiment ticket is from The Crafty Pad Designs.  And being me :) I have given the card a distressed / vintage look with my inks.  I love mixing browns with blues it just feels and looks so smooth and calm.  I added a pocket that for photo purposes I have added a tea bag in but mum will be replacing this with a gift card and some lottery tickets. 







I hope you enjoyed visiting me :)


Challenges this creation is entering with the help of the Feline Playful Girls:
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes (Mon -)
Forever Friends - Birthday & include an animal (birds in image) (2Mon -)
Hooked on Crafts - Flowers (2Mon -)
Make My Monday - Vintage - Brown & Cream and Blue or Pink (Mon -)***EDIT Made top 3***
Simon Say Stamp and Show - a Flourish - On 3 corners (Mon -)
Stamps R Us - There was a little girl (Mon 2/2)
Sentimental Sundays - Anything goes plus a sentiment (Sun -)
Sketchy Colors - Blue, brown and beige (Sun -)
2 Sisters - Birthdays (Sat - & HOP)
Craft Your Days Away - Vintage (Sat -)
Frosted Designs - Vintage - must use picture/photo (Fri -)
Southern Girls - Childhood Memories (2Thur 1/1 & AUS)
Crafts & Me - Birthdays (Wed -)
My Mum's Craft Shop - Something old, something new - Old all the embellishments, new the papers (Wed 1/3)
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes (2/3)
- - - - - - - - -

28 Treasured comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

oh WOW what a stunning card!! The coloring and the detials are fab!!
hugs, Janiel

Unknown said...

What a great card!! Love the pocket inside!

Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week for our Vintage Challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! I love the big satin ribbon and the vintage postcard pocket. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Frosted Designs :)
Melissa

Candy C said...

My my my...what a lovely card! So much detail! All of the images and coloring is beautifully done! Thanks so much for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Cheryl said...

WOW this is GORGEOUS,I love the vintage feel to this!!!
xx

Cazro said...

This is more than a card, it is a stunning gift. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Hope to see you again. Cheers Caz

Sandra H said...

This is stunning:) Sandra H

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is absolutely beautiful, I adore the vintage style, that ribbon, the design and colours, wow it all looks super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Chrissy said...

Such a fabulous image, and coloured to perfection. Just gorgeous.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Clare's Inky Corner said...

WOW this card is sooo beautiful, love the big bow and the colours are perfect :)
clare x

Dan said...

The colour palette you've chosen for this is just great, the blue and vintage brown go so well together! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

annes paperfun said...

WOW!! Your card is gorgeous!!
Love it!♥♥♥
Thank you for joining us at Sketchy Colors - good luck!
Hugs Anne

gina g said...

Wow this is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week. luv gina xx

Teresa said...

This is a stunning card so pretty, thank you for joining us at Crafts and me this week.
Teresa x

Suzi B said...

This is fabulous! and whats more you whipped it up quick!!!
Sue :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Well this is a show stopper! So many vintage details and the little postcard pocket for the tea is a sweet idea.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Leesa! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Southern Girls. I have blog candy on my blog if you are interested.
Alicia xx
http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is stunning sweetie. Thank you for joining us at CYDA this week.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Jacqueline said...

Wow - stunning card, beautiful colours - thank you so much for joining in this week at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

A very beautiful piece of work indeed. Such more care and attention to every detail. Thank you for playing along with us at Make My Monday. Suzanne

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS!!! Everything about this is just stunning! LOVE IT
Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us Challenges.
Lynn

sammi said...

Gorgeous! Love the vintage feel! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion in our "Anything Goes" challenge! --Sammibug, Craft Your Passion DT

Sarah said...

This is so beautiful, love the details and muted colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Days Away for our Vintage challenge, good luck xxx

Unknown said...

Aww that is so gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week at Sentimental Sunday's
Hugs
Karen
xxxx

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Love these layers too! Perfect quick project for Sentimental Sundays Anything Goes challenge, grab out freebies and come back next week! Love your projects!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Fliss said...

This is totally stunning. Love the image and all the attention to detail.
Thanks for joining in my Make My Monday Vintage Colour Theme challenge and good luck.
Fliss x

Viv said...

Beautiful! Love these colours and the very vintage look. Wonderful gift card for someone!
Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls . Viv xx

♥Gry said...

Wow!
Such a lovely card!

Hugs Gry

Post a Comment