Sunday, July 24, 2011

What started as ONE

Sweet Sundays everyone!

Well ... You wouldn't know it, but I have actually been absent from my blog this past week, besides checking in to add challenges to my scheduled posts!  I love that Mr Blogger finally seems to have his head on straight again and is posting scheduled posts when they are scheduled and I am so freaking glad that I am super duper organized and upload and schedule everything as it is made, specially for my DT posts!

So ... You wonder ... Where have I been???

Well no where exciting at all! 
But ... My DH did a SUPER unexpected SURPRISE for me, 
and flew in for a week to spend my Birthday with me! 
So ... *Blushingly* you can all image where I have been! lol 

I did however have to take an afternoon out and get in my craft-room while he was home to make a  commissioned card for a 60th Birthday, and while hubby was browsing you tube and accompanying me while I played he said I HAD to take a picture of the finished card and send it to a friend! HAD HAD HAD TOO!
Obligingly I obeyed and ... Well that ended in me having to make another ONE THE SAME, and I had to have it done to send back to Perth with Hubby (no pressure)! 

Now when it comes to football I really pay no attention, but if I have to support a team I barrack for my local boys the Brisbane Broncos, but these cards are for one the enemy ... 
The Saint George Illawarra Dragons! NOOO!!!!!
Red and White all the way! 
And this is how they turned out!
(They are A4 size so really big - will explain why later)

 The front of the 2 cards.

 Close up of the 3D badge/logo for the team.

The inside. - The one on the right has 3 more pages after this one all the same.

 Single front of one card.

Single front of 2nd card.

The 60th Birthday card is the one I made first, it is for a surprise Birthday for a friend of my mothers and his wife wanted a card big enough to hold over 100 signatures, because of this I went with the A4 size and I have replicated the inside pages 3 times to allow for enough room for everyone to sign their names and leave a message.  The other card is only the 2 pages.

The wording on the front has been computer generated in MS Word on my computer, the St George Logo is from their official website and the cute dragon is Clyde from Bugaboo Digi Stamps (I think he is a freebie too or he was) and I have colored him with my Tombow Markers.

Considering I do not barrack for this team I am really wrapped at how well they look and I have even impressed myself!  I very rarely play with A4 sizes as well and I enjoyed all the room to embellish.  I also have a sneaking feeling these are going to be a hit with the boys over here in OZ.  Hubby already has me on a task list to make up some more of the other footy teams and he has promised me HE WILL sell them ...

Hmmm ...
Only wonder if the money will return to my crafty jar or stay in his wallet lol!

Thanks for visiting me and I hope you enjoyed your stay!

Challenges this creation is entering with the help of the Feline Playful Girls:
* 2 Sisters - Anything Goes (Sat /-)
* Secret Crafter -Include a Number - 60th Birthday Card (Sat /-)
* Paper Cutz - Anything Goes (Fri /-)
* Phindy's Place - Doubling Up - two Clyde dragons on front - two alike cards (Fri 1/3)
* Stampin' For The Weekend - Anything with 4 legs - The horse & Dragon? (Fri 1/1)
* Totally PaperCrafts - One for the boys (Fri /-)
* Digi Doodle Shop's Best - Clean & Simple (Thur /-)
* Do You Stack Up - Wings (Thur 1/3)
* The Play Date - Just a splash of one color - RED (Thur /-)
* Crafty Creations - Seeing Double - 2 cards, 2 Clyde dragons (Wed /-)
* Freshly Brewed - Animal or animal print (Monthly 1/5)
* Creative Card Crew - Animal Antics (Tue /-)
* Creative Craft Challenges - Decoupage or lots of layers (Tue  2/3)
* Die Cut Dreams - Animal Antics (Mon  /-)
* Incy Wincy Designs - Black, White & One Other (Mon /-)
- - - - - - - - - - -

21 Treasured comments:

Denise said...

Amazing cards. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Sandra H said...

These are fabulous :) Sandra H

ahlers5 said...

You did a beautiful job on these! Thanks for joining us at DDSC.
Diane

Andrea Ewen said...

Awesome splashes of red and what a wonderfully tailored card! The details are impeccable and I can see how much work you've put into this...I'm sure that the recipient willl love it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!! Sweetie these two cards are fabulous. Thank you for sharing with us at DDSC this week and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Erum Tasneem said...

super fabulous Leesa!

hopejacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations in our "Seeing double" challenge - what great fun creations! Cheers Claire x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Numbers" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

Hugs Jane x

Gale said...

Just beautiful, even if for the wrong team!
I'm sure the enemies (I mean guys) will love
them!
Thanks for sharing your "Wild side" with us at Fresh Brewed Designs! :) Gale

Fiona said...

Great work piecing those Dragons! - and certainly a perfect fit for the colour splash challenge this week! Thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe :)

Anonymous said...

Super cards!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!!
smiles,Deena

downrightcrafty said...

great take on this weeks challenge at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge and beautiful creation, thank you for joining us
Hugs Kate xx
I have candy if you are interested

Christine said...

Wow thats some creation lots of work involved but well worth the effort..great take on the Animal chall.

thanks for sharing at DCD chall this wk

smiles Christine xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is AWESOME!!! I am sure they were loved and will be cherished for a long time to come. Smiling and happy that you got to spend time with your husband. God bless!!


Thanks for joining us at our July month long prize challenge at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Heather D.
www.freshbreweddesigns.com

Peggysue said...

Very cool cards and glad you had fun with your hubby! Thank you for joining our Wings challenge at DYSU. It’s a pleasure to see your work!

WencheP said...

Fabulous! Very cool! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

cheryl said...

oh these are just brilliant,so cool,bless you for playing at creative craft challenge this week hugs cherylxxxx

Ruby said...

What a wonderful surprise for your birthday and I can see why he wanted you to take pictures. I love your layering of the images, so effective. Thanks for playing along with us over at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Awesome job you did on these. Thanks for joining us at Phindy`s Place. Hugs...Mona

Kathy said...

These are very cool, love the dimension. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.

Caroline said...

These are just the coolest!!!! Thanks for joining in our Animal Antics Challenge with the Creative Card Crew this week.

Good luck with the challenge!!! and hope to see you again next time!

Caroline x

Post a Comment