Sunday, July 31, 2011

Something Clear With The Crafty Pad

Super duper Sunday folks!

Can you tell I am excited to be here ???
Well I am!
My computer had a heart attack on Tuesday OMG NO! So I spent all day Wednesday trying to heal it with a band-aid only to have to take it to the doctors on Thursday where it received a new hard drive and a new lease on life and I got her back Friday!  Seeing as I have my iphone as well I did not so much as miss the internet but do you know how hard it is for a digital crafting girl to not be able to PRINT! This drove me nuts!  I didn't let it beat me though!  I carried on crafting and have been printing mad since she came home!

Witch brings me to this weeks challenge at

This week we would like to challenge you all to ... 
Use something clear!

Letraset was ever so kind to offer us some samples of the Safmat and the DT girls and I have had a blast playing around with it.  For anyone not familar with Safmat (as I wasn't when I first got some) In the words od Letraset - it is an acid free transparent film (so great for scrapbookers), it is self adhesive and you use it with your desktop printer (laser or inkjet) ! Woo Hoo! 

Or in my simple words - It is a piece of 'like acetate' with a sticky back and I CAN PRINT on it!

I have always wanted to print on acetate but my ink never dries so I took this product, printed my image and for some firmness I stuck it to a piece of acetate and made a shaker tag for a memories bottle!  
Wanna see?




Today I have used the Life Raft Image from The Crafty Pad Designs (love this image and all its possibilities).  I have colored it with my water color pencils, added some brads for bling, wrapped some metal wire around the ring as well and added some 'rope stuff' around it all to hide the foam tape for the shaker part of the card and topped it off with a starfish charm.

This week the good folks from Letraset have kindly offered a prize of 
a 5 pack of Spring color Promarkers 
AND (yes there is more!)
Debbie has kindly offered 3 digital images (of the winners choice) from

The sand in the tag is taken from the place here at home where I got married and the bottle is full of sand from the numerous beaches around town that we often like to visit,.  My kids have an infatuation with collecting shells and I have added any that would fit down the neck of the bottle.  The bottle itself is rather special too, this is what hubby and I got plastered on on our first weekend home while lazing back in the pool!  DH is a bad influence on me!  lol

I plan on taking this bottle with me when I move to Perth, I feel like I am taking a piece of home with me.  If you are unsure why I call this home, this is the place I grew up, it is where ALL my family reside and it is the place that as young woman I wanted to return to to raise my own family.  That path however has slightly had to be adjusted and now ... home is where I hope to one day again come back to and retire. 

So come along and join in the fun with us!
We would love to see what you create and how clear your thinking can get!
Need some more inspiration?
Click on the Competition badge and be inspired by the gorgeous work all the DT girls have to show you!

Challenges this creation is entering with the help of the Feline Playful Girls:
Crafts For Eternity - Anything but a card (1/3 Fri)
Crafty Ann's - Summertime (- Fri)
Frosted Designs - Circles (- Fri)
Fairy Tale Challenge - Summer, Sun & Sunshine (2/2 Fri)
Stamp Something - Summer fun (- Fri)
Shelly's Images - Summer (- Thur)
Crafting For All Seasons - Beach / Ocean ( - Wed)
For Fun Challenges - Sand (1/3 C10 Tues)
A Spoon Full Of Sugar - Create a tag 
Simon Says Stamp - Shaped Card (-)
- - - - - - -

19 Treasured comments:

Dawn said...

Love it Leesa! The tag is awesome!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Unknown said...

ooooh....ooooh! I am so happy that this project was part of my blog visiting today! This project is just absolutely AMAZING. Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week atShelly's Images Blog.

Jan said...

Fab card TFS with CFAS xx Jan

Dawnll said...

What a clearly spectacular idea!
Love it!

pinky said...

Thats absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Hugs
Pinky

iReneM said...

A wonderful project, Leesa.
The tag looks fantastic and love that it contains such 'special' sand :-)
x

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely love it Leesa and a great story to go with it too!
Ann x

Darlene said...

This is SO AWESOME ... I just LOVE IT!! Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images 'Sum Sum Summertime' challenge. Hope to see you again next week!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Ooh this is a neat idea!! I like the tag you made - the rope-like trim is perfect!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Bianca said...

Wonderfull! Your tag is absolutly fab! I love it! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I love how personal it is to you! Hope the move goes well :)

Thanks for joining us at CFAS this week :)
Lizy DT x

Carol said...

What a fabulous idea Leesa, love it. Thanks for joining us at CFAS this time and I hope we see you again soon. Carol DT x

Eli said...

it is a very interesting project
eli (frosted designs)

Mephisto said...

Wonderful work.
Thanks for joining in by SSC this week.

Domi

Anonymous said...

This is so clever! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at Frosted Designs this week.

PokSa said...

What a beautiful project. Looks fantastic.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
xx Sandra

Jen said...

Clever idea Leesa. Great product. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

You are our Gold Medal Winner this week at Shelly's Images. We love your clever tag and all the details. Please visit the BLOG for all the details on your Gold Medal win this week.

michele said...

Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

Post a Comment