Thursday, August 16, 2012

Love GDT @ It's All About the Vintage

Good morning beautiful people!
Checking in with you today with a special GDT post for
It's All About The Vintage!



Thank you so much for having me girls :)
I had great fun playing along to this fortnights challenge ...
Love <3
There is also 3 wonderful sponsor prizes to play along for!

My Heart Pieces


Delicious Doodles
And ...
Nauhataivas.




I was given a gorgeous image from My Heart Pieces to play with this week and this is what I created.






It always amazing when I have finished making something to see where and how the creativity of a single item can start and end.  Somedays I can pick up a piece of paper or print out an image and then things just roll and suddenly you have a finished card.  Other days it can be from looking at a photo or picking up a simple flower, ribbon or piece of lace.
Today's creations stemmed from finding this gorgeous lace hidden in 1 of several boxes in the garage that I am still yet to sort, go through, file, organize and put away.  I opened the box, my eyes found the lace, my hands grabbed for it and then it was all over, back inside to my craft room I headed before closing the box back up and popping it back on top of the other 5 that are still waiting to be 'sorted'. lol
Ben scoffed at me the moment I walked back inside the door and saw what I had in my hands, but my theory is you have to strike while Mojo is hot and Mojo was on a mission with this lace and he had his mind set on this card!  I went backwards and forwards with embellishing the flower in the middle but eventually settled on just the one flower with the pins and the pearls.  It was mighty tempting to add more flowers but I wanted to keep the focus on the lace and keep the card clean enough that each little detail all got their own moment in the spotlight too.  

Anyway's I am sure are all tired of my rambling lol 
The All about the Vinatge girls and I would love you to play along with us so please come join the challenge and check out the gorgeous works the girls have to inspire you all!

I look forward to seeing you there!
Thanks for dropping in to see me today :)


Recipe -
Stamps - Wedding Ring @ My Heart Pieces , Sentiment computer generated.
Paper(s) - Kaisercraft C/Stock, Kraft base.
Embellishment(s) - Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Pearl border @Kaisercraft, Flower @ Prima, Threades @ DMC
Stash - Lace, ribbon, handmade pins, pearl stamina's & Wood Fibers

Challenges this creation is entering with the help of the Feline Playful Girls:
No Matter Which Challenges - Anything Goes & Blog Hop  2th Aug
The Ribbon Girl Blog - Bingo (ribbon, pearls, image) Sun 2nd entry
Totally Gorjuss - Lacy Lacy Sat
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything Goes Fri JFF
Polka Doodles - Celebration Fri C10
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes Fri
- - - - - - - -

14 Treasured comments:

Dortesjs said...

aww this is gorgeous

Sanna Saksija said...

Thank you so much Leesa for your adorable GDT-work for It's all about the vintage and beauty! It was nice to hear the story behind your card. We'll be in touch with you later with the banner thing, having some technical issues with it. Hope to see you again in our challenges!

Sandra H said...

Gosh Leesa this is awesome! love the colours the beads and just about everything you have done its truly beautiful xx

Amanda said...

I love the simplicity yet the elegance of this card! Ty for sharing with us @ Simply Create Too Challenge

Amanda
Simply Create Too DT Member
cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I never had seen such a glorious piece of work! i really admire by it. Can you please add some designs for Plastic cards it would be helpful for me!

An'Jenic G. said...

Oh how I love the pearls. Thanks for sharing and joining us at Simply Create Too DT AJ~

rachel said...

stunning work as ever Leesa - got your email - with the images and I did get those other TCP images too! Thanks xx

Unknown said...

Hi Leesa!
Welcome as our very first ever GDT!! You have created such a beautiful card! Love the colors and sweet lace! You are right about Mr mojo! You have to work it when it's hot!! Have a wonderful and creative weekend! Hugs and sunshine

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is beautiful Leesa. If you have too much lace send me some, lol.

Claire said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at NMW challenges and good luck
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card hunny love all the pearls and the lace too! so pretty! Great to see you at Totally Gorjuss this week for our Lacy lacy challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Henna said...

I absolutely love this card! It is so beautiful!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Beautiful! Thanks for entering our Celebration challenge over at Polka Doodles.

Good luck

Claire x

The Scrapping Factory said...

Fantastic! Thanks for playing along with us at Polka Doodles

Post a Comment