Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wall Hanging Birthday Pressie for my Mum

On a roll with 4 :)

For anyone familiar with my work, or if you have a peaksie around my blog you will find that I am no stranger to ripping, tearing and distressing it up!  In fact, I find it very easy to take a gorgeous piece of paper and be able to do anything to it!  And I love my paper! In most cases paper picks me and the project it is going to be.  A lot of my inspiration comes from the paper(s) I am working with.
Well ... I finally met my match!

I started with a plan for what WAS meant to be a card and it WAS meant to have several layers all over lapping each other. But, when I cut my base layer, my first piece, I just could not cover up such a gorgeous piece of paper. I could not do it! I could not rip it, I could not even distress the edges! And as for taking a needle to it I had to force myself! Oh Dear this was not a good start!

I had brought these papers especially for my Mums birthday card and I have a lot of favorite sentiments in mind for her.  I love walking into mums house so much now days, as every card I have given her is placed somewhere around the house on display.  So I thought I would take my problem and construct it into a wall hanging and I also would get the opportunity to combine several sentiments at the one time (excellent I say as I was struggling to just pick one for her!)  :))  I kept the majority of the focus pieces of the paper uncovered and emphasized the journal like pages by also printing my sentiments on the same DP, lining up the lines I will admit did get a little tricky but the end result is just smashing! 

Want to have a peak at what I am raving about???

The sentiment says - We must be willing to let go of the Life we have planned, in order to have the Life we have waiting for us. 

I thought this was perfect for the current situation of the sudden divorce she is going through at the moment.
Close up of the Shimmer Mist added to both butterflies and the stamp on the paper.
 Sentiment says - When you think of wonderful things, Don't forget to think of yourself.

Sentiment says - Remember if you're headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns.

Sentiment Says - You are Amazing just the way you are. 
So this paper! If anyone is interested is Webster's Pages - Your Life. Beautiful  - Nature's storybook, Nature's Manuscript (US1704D) and all my sentiments are freebies from the lovely Ginger at Ginger's House.  Though for the 1st sentiment I have taken her words and made my own in Word as the original did not fit on the heart like I wanted.  

I also have had to go back and stash up on this paper (another 15 sheets of it lol) as I so did not want to part with this little creation after I made it and my sister saw this as well before I gave it to mum and had that look of "Oh I want one too", so I can see at least another two of these in the near future :)  Hope you like it as much as much as me.  Mum was wrapped with it and has proudly displayed it off her mirror (as you can see from the pics) so she sees it every morning as she gets ready for the day :)

Thank you for dropping in on me,
and I hope you like what you see!


Challenges this creation is entering with the help of the Feline Playful Girls:
Deep Ocean Challenge - Flowers (-)
Digital Tuesday Challenge - Flower Power (-)
Going Grey With Scrap Creations - Anything but a card (1/2)
Hooked on Crafts - Flowers (-)
Oh La La Creations - Summer Flowers (-)
The Shabby Tea Room - My Favorite Things - Paper, flowers, butterflies, my mum (-)
Simon Says Stamp and Show - A Word (-)
Creative Inspiration - Stitching (-)
Dream Valley Challenges - Ribbon (1/3)
Craft Your Days Away - Vintage (-)
Marks Finest Paper - Make it sparkle (-)
Sugar Creek Hollow - Tic Tac Toe - Glitter (shimmer mist), pearls and flowers (2/3)
The Stamp Man - Butterflies & dragon flies (1/1)
Crafty Purple Frog - Pearls and swirls (-)
Flutter By Wednesday - Open Challenge (-)
The Paper Shelter - Anything Goes (1/3)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

30 Treasured comments:

Cards By MI said...

Absolutly wonderful! The sentiments are wonderful, and your creation is stunning. Fabby!Thanks for joining us over at the TPS Challenges this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Cheryl said...

OMG WOW this is STUNNING and detailed to perfection......a beautiful gift for your mum!!!
xx

Kristie W. said...

Wonderful creation! I love the vintage feel of the papers you used. Thank you for playing along with Flutter By Wednesdays!

Carol Hurlock said...

Wow, I am just in awe of the different textures you use and how well it all comes together. This is one magnificent piece of work with so many beautiful things to look at and enjoy. You are so talented! Thanks so much for playing along in Speedy's Friends Challenge. It is a delight to visit and see your creation. Hope you can play again with us next week!

Sandra H said...

Wow what a lovely gift for your mum she will be pleased as this is gorgeous.....:) Sandra H

Chris said...

Wow, this is a stunning hanging. Everything about it is beautiful and obviously made with love.

Mary C said...

This is such a gorgeous wall hanging. I love the vintage feel of it and all the attention to details. I am sure your mum is going to really love it! Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Good Luck!

Patti P. said...

You are on a roll and we are so happy to see your beautiful creations at Sugar Creek Hollow. I love your wall art and I think all of us as women could use one of these to remind us to love ourselves!! I know your Mom is proud of you and you are a great daughter to her! Thanks for playing again at SCH.
Patti DT/SCH

lisa said...

Oh WOW!!!!! This is stunning, no wonder your sister has asked for one too. Your Mum will be absolutely thrilled with it and it will certainly bring a huge smile to her face at what sounds like a difficult time.
Thanks so much for joining in with us at The Stampman this time.
Hugs Lisax

sara said...

wow what a beautiful project just stunning thanks so much for joining us at lovely hAnglar only this week
hugs sara x

Lynne in NI said...

Oh wow! What a fabulous pressie for your Mum ... bet she was delighted! Thanks for playing along at Dream Valley Challenges.

Winnie and Patty said...

What a wonderful project. You did a great job with the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's challenge this week!

Candy C said...

This project is absolutely incredible! LOVE it. So much detail and everything so eloquently done. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Anonymous said...

what a stunning creation!! Love the sentiment and the papers!! Great job!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Can I just say, "Wow"? THis is the ultimate. I love that you left the Webster's Pages just as they are, because they are truly among the most beautiful papers we crafters can get. Love this creation. Thanks for sharing it with Speedy's Friends.

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow does not seem enough to say about this awesome project. I adore Webster's Pages so I know your predicament in tearing them.
Thank you for joining us at CYDA this time.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sarah said...

So wonderful and colourful and creative in every way. Such a beautiful gift full of colour and love.
Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Simon says Stamp & Show.
Sarah.

Julie said...

Such a beautiful project is bound to be very much treasured

gina g said...

Wow what a fantastic creation this is hun, absolutely beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week. luv gina xx

DesigNeAl said...

Gorgeous project! Your mum will love it!
Thanks for joining us at Ooh la la with your flowery creation. We hope to see you again soon x

Sarah said...

Stunning work, love all the details and the aged look, it's beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our Vintage challenge, good luck x

Danni said...

Fabulous!! Wow, what an amazing creation!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Sharon Basel said...

My oh my! Absolutely stunning creations. Your work is truly an inspiration and I'm so glad you share these beautiful cards with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Sharon, SCH-DT

Kelly said...

WOW! Everything you make looks amazing! Love the wall hanging. So much detail!
Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Craft Challenges! Kelly (Hooked On Craft Design Team)

Unknown said...

Wow this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I am sure your mum will cherish this!!!!! This is truly a treasure!!!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! speechless, lucky mum.

Thanks for joining us at CYDA.

Huggs Angel

Dawn said...

This is beautiful Leesa! Bet you Mum is chuffed to bits with this!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Caroline said...

wow no wonder this has such pride of place a lot of love and work has gone into this and it shows!
thank you for joining our challenge @ The Paper Shelter x

Barbara said...

Hi Leesa, I am always inspired when I visit your blog. This project is a masterpiece! Your Mom will just love it. You always amaze me..how you create such unique and beautiful items. You are right, the paper is just darling. Congrats on your decision...to get a dog...and move closer to be near your husband. I am sure it must have been difficult. Have a great week. Hugs Barbara

Neil said...

Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at The Stamp Man. There is so much to see on your project it is lovely.

Post a Comment