Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bold & Bright or Soft Pastels with TCP

Super Sunday to you all! 

Thankfully I am finally feeling better after my 3 little terrorists brought home a super bug that knocked us all down for the week.  They all got a good dose of it as well so I was somewhat lucky as I would never have been able to keep with them otherwise.  We spent most of the week laying like stunned mullets on the mattress in front of the TV watching DVD's and even that seemed to drain energy.

I did find a moment to make my card for this weeks challenge at 
And this week we would love to see 
Bright and Bold
or Soft Pastels

I went with the pastels for this challenge as Bright & Bold I was not feeling at all, and if anything I was ... a little green :)
Here is where my craftiness went this week.
Hope you like it. 



I am really proud I managed to pull of a male card this week - I find them such a challenge most of the time to be honest, and I just love this layout and how smoothly all my elements just seemed to work together with each other.  I added lots of faux stitching my white and green gel pens and I just could not resist wrapping some kitchen twine up for the lasso rope (even though it was a little fiddly), I think it completed the card.  I also dipped into my button jar, added some sparkle with the blue stars and my embroidery threads seem to be laying dormant these days as well so I went peaking in that box for the metallic copper thread wrapped around one of the layers.  


The image is the adorable Bradly with Toy Horse from The Crafty Pad Designs.  Bradly is recently new in store and can be brought separately or brought in a set with the mini Birthday story book (an excellent set of images and a great personalized gift idea). You can see a completed book HERE on The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog that Lorraine so crafting-ly made


This week we also have a fab sponsor!

Crafty Emma's Store has so kindly given us this set of Dovecraft Sugar and Spice stamps for one lucky winner!  Aren't those flowers just adorable!

The girls and I at The Crafty Pad would love if you played along with us this week and with such a gorgeous prize up for grabs I know you will be penciling this challenge into the diary of things to do this week, So let us see you there!


Thank you for dropping in on me,
and I hope you will join us this week and take up the challenge!
Challenges this creation is entering with the help of the Feline Playful Girls:
Soartful Challenges - Inspiration Pic - Sunset Cowboy
Totally PaperCrafts - Spots & Stripes
Crafty Sentiments Designs - Monochromatic (1/1)
Pals Paper Arts - Stars (on DP and star embellishments) (1/-)
Paper Play - Stars & Stripes ( 1/2)
Shelly's Images - Stars and Stripes or patriotic (1/-)
Tuesday Throwdown -Masculine Card (1/-)
Cards For Men - Stars  (-)
Creative Stamp Friends - Birthdays (-)
Daisy Doodles - Stars and Stripes  (1/2)
Blog-a-Doodle - Masculine and no flowers (-)
- - - - - - - - - - - 

15 Treasured comments:

Dawn said...

Love it Leesa!
Hope you feel better now!
Good Luck with your challenges!
Hugs
Dawn xxx

aqualeiga said...

Love it too! That sheriff's badge is some serious bling bling!!! So pleased you are all on the mend.....take care.

Hugs, Ali x

Joanne Gilch said...

Gorgeous card...and manly, tooo! Thank you so much for your entry in Daisy Doodles challenge.

Sandra H said...

Gorgeous card love the image, beautifully put together....:) Sandra H

Dawnll said...

This is so stinkin cute sweetie!
Love the badge as an embellishment

Céline said...

so cute card! love the embellies who matches perfectly with the card
thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
hugs
céline PPC DT

Unknown said...

So cute
Thank for your participation this week at Stamp-n-dodle
Good luck.
Hugs

Jeanette said...

This reminds me of my son when he was little. The card is just adorable. Thanks for joining us at Soartful this week.

Pam~ said...

Awww, this is so sweet! Love those layers and embellishments! Thanks for joining in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!

Hope you are feeling better today!

Clare's Inky Corner said...

Thank you soooo much for your kind comment leesa,yes i really love anna too she is so cute.
I think i find crafting so much fun as i used to decorate cake's but can do card making wile feeding baby heidi.lol :)

Love your colours on your card they go really well,and the badge finishes it off lovely.:)

I am hooked so you will defo see me again soon.lol

clare x

Jen Nelson said...

love the lasoo
Thanks for joining us at cards for men and good luck xx

jen xx

Jac’s Playground said...

great elements to the card they really make it special, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Unknown said...

Awwww that is super awesome, I love the badge star. Thanks so much for playing along this week at Paper Play
Hugs
Karen
xxx

sammi said...

Fantastic take on our stars and stripes challenge! The star badge is fabulous! Thank you for sharing your creation with us in our "Stars and Stripes" challenge at Daisy Doodles.

Sarah said...

Such a gorgeous card Leesa, love the colours & layout. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men for our Stars challenge, good luck x

Post a Comment