Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Resize a Digital Image in Word

 How to resize a digital image in 
Microsoft Word (2007)
1.Insert your picture into you software program – I am using Microsoft Word 2007 and for this tutorial I am using the verse from The Crafty Pad Designs - Butterfly and Verse set.

2. Place the mouse cursor over the picture and right click.  This will bring up a side toolbar as shown in picture 1.  Click on the ‘SIZE’ option as red circle highlighted in picture 1.



3. This will then display the formatting toolbox as shown in picture 2.  I have red circle highlighted two import aspects to keep in mind at the point.

3.a  The top circle is where you change the size of the image.  Left mouse ‘click’ in the measurement section and re-enter the size of the image you would like or use the up and down arrow at the end of the box.  You can choose to change the height or the width or the image by editing the relevant selection.

3.b. The second important factor to keep in mind is to ensure the ‘Lock Aspect Ratio’ box is ticked (red circle highlighted in picture 2).  Having this ticked ensures that your image will be enlarged or reduced as per the proportions of the original image. With this boxed checked you will only need to change one of the size amounts as the other will adjust automatically accordingly to keep the image within its original proportions.  Having this box unchecked could result a distorted image.

3. As you can see in picture 3, I need my image to be 7cm high. With the new adjusted size proportions I have now checked my project and it will still comfortably fit width ways on my project.  If it did not fit width ways on my project I would then edit the width to the maximum that I can fit; this in turn would lower the height but I know my image would fit comfortably and still look great.

You should now have your image at the size you require for your project and can go am play!

 

***EDIT*** With the problems of late with bad bad Mr Blogger I only just released this scheduled post did not post :( You can also find a reference to this at
The Crafty Pad Challenge Blog
along with several other handy tutorials on techniques, crafting tips & cheats and how to's.

Don't be shy pop over and have a peak!

1 Treasured comments:

Sandra H said...

Thank you for that Tutorial most impressive.......:) Sandra H

Post a Comment