Sunday, November 18, 2012

Double Embossing @ Christmas Card Challenges

Mornings Beautiful People!
It is time for a new challenge at

And this week’s theme is....
Double Embossing

I really wanted to make a tag that has been building in my mind so this week I have double embossed with heat embossing twice even!  

I remember as a child my Nana always making a fuss at Christmas time about all the work that my mum puts into her Christmas gift wrapping.  No lie, my mother is the queen of curling ribbon!  She not only co-ordinates it all in matching colors but she make it impossible to even get in the present as it is all wrapped up that tight!  And every year Nana used to tell her the 'story' of 'when I was a kid our present was wrapped in plain old brown paper with none of this extra fussy stuff! Of an evening your grandad used to use the paper to light the fireplace to keep us warm'.

I am rather fond of this memory so for today's creation Mr Mojo & I tried to capture a vintage feeling from back in those 'old days' and see if we could possibly 'rescue' one of those tags that would have been thrown in the fireplace and used to heat the house.






I started this tag by sponging Tim Holtz Distress ink - Tumbled glass all over.  I used a santa stamp from my stash and he has been heat embossed in fine black, I did some bleaching to his beard to make it white & added some 3d fabric paint & dazzling diamonds for some texture & colored the slight of his hat at the top with a red Copic marker. On a scrap of vellum I stamped and heat embossed again another stamp from stash sentiment that I also did some masking on to get only the 'Merry Christmas' sentiment, and rolled the sentiment up like a scroll.

Seeing as Santa's beard came up so well (this is my 1st time using bleach in my stamping! Woo Hoo! love it, hope you want to see more of it, cause I have seriously been playing with it!) I decided to also bleach stamp a snowflake background around Santa as well! Then it was followed by a snowflake that I stamped in 3d fabric paint and embellished over the top with a die cut snowflake.

Then, to top it all of!  To achieve the 'fireplace rescued' look.... I took a flame to all the edges and some parts of the tag.  I love how vellum pops and bubbles when you heat it too much!  It creates such a wonderful look of texture and dimension, though, it does burn fast it it lights to a flame lol :)  

 I really had A LOT of fun making this!
And the Christmas Card Challenge girls  
have been having some serious fun too with all their gorgeous
 makes to share with you!  So please call past the
 Christmas Card Challenge Blog,
and check out the amazing inspiration they have to
share with you and play along with us :)
We would love to see you there!
Remember the challenge theme is optional, the only real rule is you must create a new Christmas Holiday, winter or Hanukkah card / creation. 

Thanks for dropping in to see me today!
Recipe -
Stamp(s)- Unknown
Paper(s) - Tag, Vellum
Tools -  Die-namics- Let it snowflake
Embellishment(s) – 3d Fabric Paint, Stampin Up - Dazzling Diamonds, TH Distress inks, bleach, Copic Pens, fine black embossing powder, Stash - Pearls, ribbon
Challenges this creation is entering with the help of the Feline Playful Girls:
Creative Craft Challenges - Bingo - Blue, Stamp & emboss Wed E2/3
Fashionista Challenge - Blue Christmas Wed E1/1
Love to Create - Fancy Edges Mon E1/3 GDT
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Cold and Frosty Sun E2/-
 - - - - - -

8 Treasured comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Lovely tag, I love your Santa and the schrink plastic ribbon. Great.
Tamara

Caroline said...

Gorgeous tag I love the image and the colours, textures and layout are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Sandra H said...

Your so inspiring Leesa your tag is amazing x

KandA said...

WOW this is amazing xx

purplekt22 said...

Love this tag! Like the colours and the distressed effect x

rachel said...

great tag Leesa xx

NancyD said...

Wow, such a cool effect! Thanks for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

Eva Gro said...

I love it - it`s amazing. The snowcrystal is beautiful.

Thank you for entering our challenge over at Fashionista Challenge Blog
Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next time!

Hugs
Eva`s Scraproom
DT Member at Fashionista Challenge Blog

Post a Comment