Saturday, August 6, 2011

GDT @ Creative Craft World - Happy Birthday Challenge

Today I have been very fortunate to Guest Design along with the gorgeous girls from
Their challenge this week is .... 
Birthday's!

I must say a huge big thank you to Choccy and the girls for letting me play along with them this week as I had sooo much fun creating my project!

I got creative and made a handbag card, but have given it a double use as gift packing; to co-ordinate with a Birthday pressie butterfly necklace gift !  

 The bag closed (pressie is inside)

 View when you first open the bag - That middle square with the butterfly on top is the gift box.

 View when you move the gift box - you see the beautiful butterfly verse. 

 Close up of verse. 

 View of the back .

 Close up of the front of the bag. 

 Close up of butterfly on the gift box.

This week the lovely prize sponsor of 




I have given this piece a very vintage/distress feel with ink distressing to the cardstock base and each individual piece of the layering DP.  To give the butterfly a vintage feel I have printed it onto matching DP as the bag, ink distressed the edges and then heat embossed each butterfly layer with clear think embossing powder and then decoupaged it up to layer it and give a 3D effect.  On the bag for the butterfly antenna I made some fancy posh pins and bent them up a little and placed them underneath the butterfly.  I have used brown pearls for the butterfly trail and tiny light green gems on the fluttering ticket for the flower centers and under the sentiment. 

The ribbon is an old ivory piece from my stash of left over things and while I have added Velcro dots to close the bag; I also included the light green raffia tie as I think it looks really cute  (also it is easier to tie having the Velcro holding the bag shut).  

  I made this to add to the birthday pressie stash of things for my MIL, and to be honest; I do not want to part with it! lol as always my case!  And it was just by fluke that while out shopping with hubby last week that I came across this necklace and instantly in my head I was wondering if it would fit inside the bag!  I am taking it as a sign I was meant to make the bag and I was meant to buy the necklace (not that a girl needs any excuse to go shopping!)

Hope you like what you see, and I hope you join in the fun and please do pop by 
Check out the stunning work the 
DT have for your inspiration
and join in the crafty fun!

  If your wondering how I made this ... I followed the tutorial here on inkido that Kristine from Lost in Creativity was so kind to share from her inspiration from Piabau's blog.  (try saying that 7 times really fast lol)

I also have a tip for you this week ,
 something I learn't from my girls in class 
(yes I know I am meant to teach them lol)
 
If you have trouble removing your cardstock / DP from any dies, spellbinders ect,
the fancy detailed swirly and flourish ones like I do.
Place a piece of glad bake paper (grease proof paper)
between the die and your cardstock and cut it as per normal,
it will come out of the die clean and easy like a piece of cake!
No more biting your tongue as you fiddle to get it out trying not to tear it!


Challenges this creation is entering with the help of the Feline Playful Girls:
* Crazy Amigo Challenge - Anything Goes open till Aug 16th (-/-)
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes with opt Metal - Metal pins and eyelets (Tue -/-)
Party Time Tuesdays - Birthday & A Hop (Tue 1/3)
Top Tip Tuesday - Blue, Green & Brown (Tue 2/3)
Top Tip Tuesday - TIP at end of post under signature before challenges list. 
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes (Mon 1/3)
HLSC Challenge - Anything Goes ( Mon -/-)
Incy Wincy Designs - Monochromatic Colors (Mon -)
Kaboodle Doodles - In The garden (Mon  -/-)
Lexi's Creations - Shaped Card (Mon -/-)
Stamps R Us - Birthday Challenge (Mon -/-)
Woodware USA - Anything Goes (Mon 1/2 *)
Come & Get It Challenges - Anything Goes (Sun 1/2)
Crafty Ho's - Last Challenge - Anything Goes & Hop (Sun -/-)
Dream Valley Challenges - Surprise Element (Sun 1/3)
Lollipop Crafts - Celebrate & a Hop (Sun -/-)
Sentimental Sundays - In The Garden must inc sentiment (Sun -/-)
Sparkles Forum - One for the girls (Sun  -/-)
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - All creatures great and small (Sun  -)
Simply Create - Favorite Animal - Butterfly! (Mon -)
Clearly iStamp - Things with wings (Fri 1/1)
Just Add Ink - Tearing / Distressing - ink distress (Fri -)
Raise The Bar - Anything Goes (Fri -)
Fuzzy Wuzzy - Shaped card inc an animal (monthly -)
Yes there is lots of challenges! 
But I am a Feline Playful Girl AFTER ALL!
- - - - - - -

43 Treasured comments:

Elaine Stark said...

This is absolutely fabulous. A beautiful gift and card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Jane said...

WOW!!!!! This is incredibly gorgeous! I love the colours and your butterflies are stunning! No wonder you don't want to part with it - I wouldn't either! hugs, Jane x

Choccy said...

Absolutely stunning Leesa !! Think ive told you that a few times haha..
Thankyou so much for joining us at Creative Craft World for this challenge. It has been a pleasure to share your creations and get to know you better... Hope to see you back joining in the fun with us..
Big Hugs and lots of Thanks
Choccy xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

Ummm, I have a birthday coming up...just sayin'. LOL! This is fabulous and I appreciate that you shared the technique you used for the butterflies, they are gorgeous! Also for the bag link, I will surely check this out.
Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "color" challenge. It's been a pleasure. :D
Good luck to you and thanks for the tip too!
Lisa xx

Elena C said...

What an awesome gift WOW!!! That butterfly is GORGEOUS!!! But I came to your site to thank you for the glimmer mist tutorial!! I was making my mists with water and not very happy with the results. Now I see why!! I am on my way to fix the error... I love the mists but they are just too expensive for me. What a GREAT tutorial...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

paige said...

Impressive project and delightfully decorated! Thanks for joining us at SRU!

Joanne Gilch said...

WOW! This is amazing. checked out the tut and just need to convert the metrics and wow (again) I am going to make at least one of these. Thank you so much. the colors are wonderful and that butterfly is making me drool!!!!

Lou said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! One very talented lady :) thank you so much for joining in and being a GDT member for us over at Creative Craft World

Lou x

Miss Emerald said...

Is fabulous! Magnificence and splendor! Congratulations!

Jodi said...

Amazing - You have inspired me to try one of these! I appreciate you sharing your talents with us at Craft Your Passion Challenges!
Hugs,
Jodi

Cassie said...

What an awesome creation! That butterfly is so gorgeous too! I'm so glad you were able to play along with CIC#33 :D

Dawnll said...

This is fab sweetie! LOVE a purse design and the details are amazing.

Kristine said...

OH WOWIE... this is just STUNNING!! I'm so bowled over by this whole project--thank you for sharing it!! It's gorgeous and will be received so well I'm sure!! Thanks for playing at Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenges =)

aqualeiga said...

Leesa, this is totally STUNNING, I don't know where to start! Wish I had an ounce of your talent and creative skill! I'm sure MIL will treasure it always.

Hugs, Ali x (TCP teamie!)

An Occasional Genius said...

Absolutely stunning! I'd be blown away to get something like this for my birthday xx

Sue said...

OMG, what a stunningly beautiful project you have created. I wouldn't want to give it away either, but.....your MIL is going to love it! Such beautiful papers and embellishments. Absolutely delightful. Thanks for joining us at the Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge this month, and thanks for sharing the pattern too.

Hugs
Sue Drees

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

What a very beautiful project! And lovely gift to your MIL. I'm sure she'll love it for not just the gift but the love and effort by which you carefully and intricately crafted the packaged your gift. I'd surely love receiving such a gift from a loved one.

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Miesje said...

WOW - this is an amazing project! I love it! As a MIL I can say that I would really, really appreciate any gift inside of this beauty! Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

Rushd Lady said...

Wow! I'd love this as a gift. I'm gonna have to tell you that your fingers on your header kinda creeped me out at first! Have a great day! :)

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

Ok...now this is hands down beautiful!!! I have to say...PLEASE tell me where I can find a tutorial for this creation!!! WOW!!!! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

shaz earl said...

Fabulous gift, thank you for joining us at SFC this time, hope you will join us again and good luck xx

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt Leesa - this is divine - absolutely divine! I wish I had made it - definitley a favourite with me - I am going back for another look! Thank you for joining us for the Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we love to see you!! Thank you for your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

kris said...

Wow!! you did a remarkable job on this beautiful creation!! Thank you for joining us at Lollipop Crafts! Good Luck!

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is stunning.....totally amazing!

scrapperjulia said...

Wow, this is awesome! Thanks for joining us at The Fuzzy Wuzzy Challenge!

*Nora* said...

Thanks for joining us at CCW! Your creation is super gorgeous with the cool vintage look! Love it!

lisbeth said...

Love it:), thanks for joining us at Simply Create this week

Jennifer Scull said...

this is so cool! I love it! so clever....
thanks so much for playing along in the Kaboodle Doodles 'In the Garden' challenge this week! :)

Susie said...

Wow! And wow again - a gorgeous creation and I love the colours too! Your Top 3 at Dream Valley was extremely well deserved! Susie x

Jackie Randolph said...

WOW!! hun, this is simply breath taking gorgeous!!! Oh thanks for sharing where to find the tutorial as you have inspired me to try!! Absolutely drop dead gorgeous!! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with us at Party Time Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is.... SEND IT TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!! yes yes yes send it to me! I LOVE it! this is just awesome! what a fantastic bag! Awesome project and thanks for pointing me in the direction of the tutorial too! and love your Tip!

Thanks for joining us this time at Top Tip Tuesday for our colour challenge and hope to see you soon hugs Samantha

Caroljenks said...

This is just amazing! I spent a long time this morning reading your post and popping over to the tutorial you linked to - Thanks for that - safely saved for a quite afternoon :)
I just love the papers you've used for this awesome project and I think this gorgeous bag will generate a lot of interest this week :)

Thanks for joining in with our Colour Challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday this week and for sharing your fabby Top Tip too - it's a great one ;)

Carol x

Jan Hunnicutt said...

wow this is a fabulous project, I love it! Now I think I'd like to make one too :) Thanks for playing in our challenge at Stamps R Us!

LaJanette said...

This is such an amazing project! MY jaw just droppd when I saw the picture of it opened up!

Thanks for playing with us at Top Tip Tuesday!

Hugs;
Janette

Chris said...

love your bag (and all your work). thanks for the link to the tutorial. I have to give this a try.

Lisa said...

Wow. I have no words, this is so amazing! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Jennifer Scull said...

forgot to add on my earlier post thanks so much for joining the birthday challenge at Party Time Tuesday! :)

Kathy D. said...

Amazing!! Wow what a creation. Whoever gets this will be one lucky woman!!
Thanks for playing "Things with Wings" @ www.clearlyistamp.typepad.com
Hope to see you back on the 19th for CIC #34!!

Barbara said...

Hi Leesa, I always enjoy visiting your blog. This handbag is gorgeous. Your MIL is one lucky person! Love the colors, the design, the sentiment...oh.. just everything. Just wondering, what is glad bake paper? Is it waxed paper?

Erica said...

I can't even begin to tell you how beautiful this is. Your work is always a cut above.
Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create.
Erica (Simply Create DT Member)

Trish said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous! Lovely to have you as a guest designer at CCW!
Trish x

maxine said...

wow this is stunning Leesa x

SallyB. said...

this is so lovely

Post a Comment