Wednesday, June 29, 2011

For a Good Time .... Call 1800 - Crazy Nana!

Happy Hump Day Everyone!
I have a few posts to get up today, from the last two weeks that I have not had to time to sit and blog.  First up I have a Birthday card I made for my mum that is specially from the kids.  They have only recently started having sleep overs and they have so far all been a success so I thought this sentiment (freebie from Gingers House with some home editing done to it) was perfect for the occasion.  And yes, my kids call my mum Crazy Nanny!  It is quite a classic running into her in the shops and the kids start yelling Crazy Nanny! Crazy Nanny over here! Everyone stops and stares pmsl!



 This card was great for using up some scraps and the flower is one from a bargain shopping spree that I did at the local opportunity shops a while back and snagged for just 50 cents.  I pulled it all apart and replaced the tacky plastic middle with a gorgeous vintage brad (bad photo angle but you can see it when the card is standing on display) and I carried the pearls though by adding the 3 along the bottom.  I added some stitching around the edges and a little ink distressing on the paper edges.
Love how well it finished up!
Thank you for dropping in on me,
and I hope you like what you see!


Challenges this creation is entering with the help of the Feline Playful Girls:
Clear It Out - Clean and Simple (-)
Deep Ocean Challenge - Flowers (-)
Digital Tuesday Challenge - Flower Power (-)
Shopping Our Stash - Scrap attack or recycle - Used scraps and recycles flower (- / C10)
Hooked on Crafts - Flowers (-)
Oh La La Creations - Summer Flowers (-)
Creative Inspiration - Stitching (-)
Little Claire's - Pink and Brown (1/3)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

14 Treasured comments:

Deena said...

this card is wonderful...i love the way you repurposed the flower with a brad in the centre...that is a wonderful idea to get rid of that awful plastic piece....thanks for joining in the SOS challenge this week!

Jan said...

Gorgeous card, love the rose xx Jan

Leslie Hanna said...

Crazy Nana, huh? That's too funny. :)

Lovely way to use the flower! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

paige said...

Funny story! Pretty card - lovely flower! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

Sandra H said...

Fabulous card just love that rose! so beautiful.:) Sandra H

Unknown said...

such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Clear It Out

Kristie W. said...

Pretty card, I love the big flower! Thanks for playing along with Shopping Our Stash!

pennyd said...

Very nice card! I'm glad I found your blog. I'm a Navy veteran and former Navy wife myself!

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous card that flower is stunning also love the colours and stitching thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Lorraine x

coldwaters2 said...

Hiya it's me again to thank you for also joining us at Digital Tuesday with this gorgeous card, I am lucky I get to see it twice, lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Daisychain said...

Thanks for joining our stitching challenge at Creative Inspirations with such a lovely card. Good luck and hope to see you next time. Hugs Christine x

Minna said...

So beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean Challenge.
Hugs,Minna

Mandy said...

Beautiful card,I love the rose,very pretty...Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked On Crafts...
Mandy x

Val said...

Beautiful card. So sinmple, but so effective. I love your vintagey/shappy style.
Hugs
Valxx

Post a Comment