Wow ! What a weekend!
So much in so few days and have I got some gossip and news to tell you all !
I am very proud to tell you all that I was fortunate enough
to have been excepted onto the design team of ....
Wait for it ....
Yeppers ! The beautiful Crafty Pad.
It is such an honour to be able to work with their already gorgeous Design Team.
Please do drop by and show them some love, you will not be dissapointed in the talent these ladies have!
The Crafty Pad Shop has some adorable digital images that are truely worth adding to your wish list so please pop on over and have a looksie, it is well worth the time!
The Crafty Pad also run a weekly challenge blog and while you do not have to use a Crafty Pad image (though we would love to see one) if you do ... you will be put into a separte draw for a chance to win a digital image of your choice. Now that is worth going shopping for!
(Not that we need an excuse to go craft shopping do we lol )
My second big thing is a card AND some HUGE gossip to go along with it!
The flowers are hand made from dear hubbys old and torn boxer shorts (I did wash them before I hacked them to peices lol) and the image is from Whimspy Stamps - Crafting Sentiments.
Last week I applied to Scrappers Haven
for their position of teaher for their card marking classes.
(My local craft store who is ONLINE as well and ships worldwide!)
They also run a monthly Scrapbook Challenge! Well worth peaking at!
I think my card must have been a sucess and I am pleased and so excited to tell you all that I,
yeppers thats me, am now the proud new card making teacher!
I am holding classes every Friday at Scrappers Haven from 9:30 to 12:30, the cost is $10 per class, and we will make 2 cards per class and each week a new technique. I am also holding a once a month Saturday Off The Page workshop, and the next workshop will be on the 19th February 2011.
I admit I am as nervous as a bull rider at the gate but I am so excited as well.
Scrappers Haven stock everything the crafter needs from papers, ribbons, inks right down to storage sollutions. They have just uploaded the new Basic Grey Curio line that I think is to die for! and I can not wait to get my hands on some! Please grap a coffee, take some ME TIME and pop over for a peak at all their wonderful products.
I know this is getting long ... but I also just wanted to share with you my favourite picture from the weekend.
This was taken on Saturday, you can tell it was the perfect weather to be inside crafting and creating but nope... no such luck for me :(
My kids and I wandered on out to the farm in the pouring rain to ...
Fly a kite !
It really was magical standing high and dry on the porch watching the kids run around the paddock in the bucketing down rain trying to fly kites. And I am really proud of Dylan for not only getting his in the air every time effortlessly but for also being the only kid to get their kite in the air!
Not that any of them minded getting soaked to the bone lol.
And in truth ....
Didn't the kids sleep well that night! bahahahah
(That's evil ? me? no NEVER :))
Oh the joys of being a kid again!
Fair winds and following seas,
The Navy Wife
_ _ _
Challenges I am entering:
* The Corrosive Challenge - #101 - Button It Up (Sundays)
* Pile It On - #5 Punch It - The leaves are a punch (Sundays)
* Sketchy Colors - #56 Blue, Brown & White (Sundays)
* Stacey's Stamping Stage - #ACT 67 - Chocolate chip, Whisper White, Almost Amethyst & Cajun Craze (Sundays)
* Stampin' Sisters in Christ - #74 Blue & Green (Sundays)
* Whoopsi Daisy - Any shape but a square (Sundays)
* MyGrafico - Aything Goes (Monthly)
* Ohh-La-La - #72 Three of a kind -I have 3 flower embellishments (Mondays)
* Pear Tree Designs - #34 Flowers (Mondays)
Bearly-Mine - #2 Tis a Recipe, 3 flowers, 2 DP and 1 image - I have 3 flowers, 2 dp (the spotty dots are on the back of the paisly blue DP and 1 image/sentiment (Tuesdays)
City Crafter - #41 Sewing (Tuesdays)
Everybody Art - #126 'My Favourite Thing' - easy CRAFT! (Tuesdays)
My Time To Craft - #125 Emboss - I have embossed the punched leaves (Tuesdays)
Top Tip Tuesdays - #19 Flowers - My flowers are hand made from my husbands old boxer shorts(Tuesdays)
Paper Pretties - #PWC138 Sewing (Wednesdays)
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - #45 Anything goes - (Wednesdays)
The Pixie Cottage - #54 Sketch and or Flowers - I have flowers (Wednesdays)
* The Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything goes Entry #2 (Wednesdays)
Do you Stack Up? - #4 Patterned Papers - My card has DP (Thursdays)
Moving Along With The Times - #83 Spring (Thursdays)
Pals Paper Arts - Bows (Thursdays)
PaperPlay - Week 4 Layer it up (Thursdays)
* Southern Girls - Dry Embossing - The punch leaves have been embossed (
1st Week - Thursdays)
* StampInsanity - SISC#44 Find your Zen - Crafting is my Zen (Thursdays)
* Crafts 4 Eternity - Poka Dots - There are poka dots on the DP paper along the bottom (Fridays)
* Crafty Catz - #67 Flowers (Fridays)
* Delicious Doodles - #10 Spot or Stripes - There are poka dots on the DP paper along the bottom (Fridays)
* Fairy Knoll - #35 Flowers (Fridays)
* CES Challenge - #21 Bold & Bright (Saturdays)
* Just Us Girls - Make Your Own Flowers - Mine are handmade (Saturdays)
* Saturday Challenge - Chocolate (Saturdays)
* Stamp, Scrap & Doodle - A Punchy challenge - The leaves are punched (Saturdays)
* Crafty Calendar - New Beginings - I made the card as my resume for a new job (Monthy)
_ _ _